Clinical Trials & Research
Austin Pathology has a dedicated Clinical Trials and Research Support Unit that provides research support on a fee-for-service basis. Our support services can be tailored to meet the needs and requirements of your trial or research project.
- Extensive range of pathology testing. Click here for the Selected Reference Ranges for Trials & Research
- Specimen collection and processing
- Data extraction
- Continuously monitored cold storage (down to -80 degrees) for short term sample storage
- Specialist support and advice from expert Pathologists including case review
- Creation of personalized request forms and coordination of trial and research samples across all disciplines within pathology and externally
- Anatomical Pathology technical assistance, including tissue processing, embedding, microtomy,staining and Immunohistochemistry. For research projects requiring fresh or frozen tumour tissue, we refer investigators to the Austin Health hub of the Victorian cancer Biobank.
Our staff are IATA trained and certified for packaging trial and research samples and our laboratories are NATA accredited and ISO15189 certified, with continuous participation in national and international quality assurance programs.LEARN MORE
How to Apply
Follow these easy step-by-step instructions to apply for Pathology research support
Read our information guideDownload Guide
Note: All internal trials or research projects requiring pathology must contact this unit prior to any ethics application and/or commencement of the project.
Complete sections 1-5 on the Clinical Trials/Research Application. Do not sign section 6 yet.
Download ApplicationClinical Trials/Research Pathology Application
Clinical Trials/Research Pathology Application & Human Research & Ethics Committee (HREC) Declaration
Anatomical Pathology Research Assistance
MHW Trials/research application
Submit the application along
with your study to:
Pathology trials will review your application and protocol and if required complete the pathology declaration for you to proceed with HREC approval. This will be returned to you via email within approximately one week.Trials/HREC form
Pathology trials will return your application with quoted pricing. This process may take 1-2 weeks, depending on whether further clarifications are required.
Applicant accepts quotation and signs the ‘principal investigator’ part of section 6, returning electronic copy to pathology trials. Pathology trials then prepare necessary documentation / request forms for the processing of the requested work.